Night At The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night At The Movies

Last night I went to the local drive-in theater (yes we still have one of those in little Newberg, Oregon). It was their 21st annual collector car night sponsored by the local Edsel car club.
    I had never gone before and what a blast I had. Before the sun went down the car owners did the tour, talking to each other about their cars and educating those who thought they were just coming to enjoy a movie. There was a film crew there and a woman named April Wright who made a documentary titled "The Definitive Story of the American Drive-In Movie".
    And when the movie started and I was sitting in my car I looked ahead and saw the back of several 50s and 60s cars. I looked in my mirror and staring back at me were the toothy grills of 3 Edsels, a Nash Metropolitan, a Plymouth Roadrunner and a '40 Packard Model 160.
    Now, how cool is that!

Anyone else been to the drive-in movies lately?
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

We go at least 5 or 6 times per year to our local drive-in. I have been trying to buy the place for some time. A lot more could be done with it than already is. The long-time current owner still loves to run it.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

They tore ours up about 8 years ago. Very sad. The owners thought the property would sell easier. It's still sitting empty.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
      X