Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawk bucket seat frame - is it usable

All,
    The garage behind the house burned down last week when my wife's new car caught fire.
    Thankfully nobody was harmed and, despite a close call, the house was not engulfed.

My Hawk is not stored at our home. However, I did have a number of Hawk parts in the garage: front bumper, really nice trunk overlay, new set of shocks, original jack and hubcaps.
    There was also a driver's bucket seat.

Its not looking too good now. It is still an intact frame, but the upholstery and padding are cooked pretty good.

Is this of any use to Stude folks?

Dont want to trash it if somebody can use it - but the scene is going to be cleaned and a new garage built soon. Got to get it out of here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by santa; 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM. Reason: photo
    sigpic 62 Hawk - Wisconsin barn find

If you were close and it was a pair I would them and put back for a later date.

Comment

Are the springs still springy, of have they lost their temper? If they are still springy, it might be worthwhile saving the seat.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Fire can damage the springs. Just like the coil springs in the front suspension...
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Looks like junk to me; they still aren't too hard to find.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Do you mind if I ask what kind of car was it that caught fire?

Comment

Brian
              We will be stripping a 1962 Hawk in the next month.If you need seats or other parts let me know.
              I also have good used and new front fenders.
              Robert Kapteyn
              815 722 7262

Comment

Working...
              X