No announcement yet.

Floor-mounted brake pedal to suspended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Floor-mounted brake pedal to suspended?

I've looked through the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know if it can be done and what it would take to turn my floor mount brake pedal and turn it to a floating brake pedal?

I am going to guess that by "Floating Pedal" you may mean an overhead mounted Pedal through the Firewall instead of the Floor.
    Not done as much on Trucks of course if that is what you are working on.

Certainly nothing Studebaker, but Hot Rodders and customizers do it all the time by building a lot of Firewall supports, dash support etc. to handle the added stress.

However you will never improve on the longevity, strength or Leverage of the Stock Pedal System in a Studebaker Truck.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I really like the feel and sturdiness of what is stock but I have a pretty big hole that I am trying to seal up. If I leave the stock pedal what are my options for creating a seal around the arm of the pedal. It is curved so its not like a standard rubber boot will work. as the pedal go as up and down it travels 3-4 inches as well

Comment

There is supposed to be a Foam Rubber rectangular Pad UNDER the floor that seals when the Pedal is up, Part Number 678478, how many do you want?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

However many I need for the brake pedal. Ive been trying to find out how it was done so now that I have an idea I will try and research that specific part.

Comment

PM sent for pad. Let me know.

Comment

PM sent. I could use something too.

Comment

Thread title expanded a bit for explanation

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I didn't receive a PM... Please try again. I was able to find them at Chuck Collins place but let me know what you need and what you have

Comment

My old Volvo 544 has the same design pedal system as Studebaker used. At least Studebaker had a shield under the floor to keep any spray from water coming up & getting your leg wet while depressing the pedals. If your truck doesn't have one I would make one & include the rubber pads that Rich suggested in his post, one on each pedal.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                    X