Interesting 1941 Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1941 Studebaker

'41s everywhere ....I like this one !http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...ab42af&vxp=mtr
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I remember seeing this car at Bonneville in 2010 at World Of Speed Week. Impressive.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I've got a few pictures of him from a few years ago at Speed Week. It's a really well put together car.

Comment

Does it have Studebaker running gear? If not then it's only a 1941 Studebaker body going 201 miles an hour. I think that can be done by dropping one out of an airplane.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Does it have Studebaker running gear? If not then it's only a 1941 Studebaker body going 201 miles an hour. I think that can be done by dropping one out of an airplane.
            Actually, terminal velocity for a car like that with all the surface resistance would only be about 120 to 140 mph. Now, add a jet engine? Now we're talk'in.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Wow. They made it. These are some of my old car friends in Omaha. SOB. South Omaha Boys.

Denny L

Comment

Before the video loaded, I read the title "1941 Studebaker hits 201 mph", and considering this is our local news, the first thing that popped in my head was "Gee, "41 Frank" must have been in a hurry to get to Branson this weekend!" <g> <g> <g>

'63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Very funny Jim, but no t'was not me, I wish I could go that fast. I only race a quarter of a mile at a time and get up to only about 100mph. I do know that race team though. That is quite a feat to hit 201 mph with a car considered a slug for speed runs. There are very few Studebaker parts on that vehicle and it runs a highly modified small block Chevy.
                  Originally posted by JimC View Post
                  Before the video loaded, I read the title "1941 Studebaker hits 201 mph", and considering this is our local news, the first thing that popped in my head was "Gee, "41 Frank" must have been in a hurry to get to Branson this weekend!" <g> <g> <g>

Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                  X