1957 Broadmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Broadmoor

How hard are '57 Broadmoors to find? How hard are they to find in the southwest? Just looking at options if I decide to use my Commander as a parts car. What does a drivable car start at. $3000? $5000?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

There was one on a sales board somewhere a year or so ago in AZ. They are few and far between. I can't even find the side name plates for mine so Broadmoors being a one year only model with 1,5XX examples made (except for the mythical single 1958 model that I don't think anyone has ever seen) are tough to find model specific items for, e.g. power windows and power seats (specific for Broadmoor and Packard Wagons) Luckily most of the other basic body and interior parts however are available except for the right rear fender. Most of the dog house items are the same as the '57 sedans and 2 doors I believe, but some trim items are President only.
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I'll keep an eye out. I swore I'd never deal with another rusty car. I think the Commander is just too far gone. It will still be good for donor parts and stuff requiring core charges.
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Here is the one I saw:

Studebaker,1957,President,Broadmoor,V-8 station wagon,6 passenger,classic car,restorable,project car,all original,for sale,find,locate,buy,purchase,sell,selling,wanted
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Thanks Dan! I went to their website last night and they have a Provincial for...$4500. It doesn't run and needs some work. I'll get some money saved up and look for a driver.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

What exactly is the difference between a Broadmoor and a Provincial? Is it the 289 vs 259? The exterior trim on the sides? The wheelbase is the same, correct?
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
              What exactly is the difference between a Broadmoor and a Provincial? Is it the 289 vs 259? The exterior trim on the sides? The wheelbase is the same, correct?
              Yes to all but the first question.
              Besides engines, and exterior trim, you will find the interior is a bit different as well.

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Here's the one I owned for a bit. It was a cool car and I'm glad I owned it, but it needed a little more work than I was willing (or able) to give it.

This is an early car, body number 16. I'm still convinced it was a factory show car, it had every single option listed on the build sheet except for power windows and AC. It was also sold 6 months after it was built, and I have a hard time believing that this car sat on a dealer's lot for half a year. I played with it, dolled it up, and got it operable. It's now the car Dan White owns.

Comment

Matthew and Dan...I LIKE it... :-)
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

A few years ago I listended to a car talk at a club and the speaker was a young man from Norway. They had brought their cars over to do a Route 66 tour. I asked if there were any Studebakers involved. He replied, "A Broadmoor." Apparently at least one had a Nowegian home.
                    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Nothing better than a road trip in a wagon...
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                        Here's the one I owned for a bit. It was a cool car and I'm glad I owned it, but it needed a little more work than I was willing (or able) to give it.

This is an early car, body number 16. I'm still convinced it was a factory show car, it had every single option listed on the build sheet except for power windows and AC. It was also sold 6 months after it was built, and I have a hard time believing that this car sat on a dealer's lot for half a year. I played with it, dolled it up, and got it operable. It's now the car Dan White owns.

This car really looks MUCH better with the factory wheels and wheelcovers than with what came a bit later..... eh Matt? (The factory parts tend to stay on better too!!!!!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                          This car really looks MUCH better with the factory wheels and wheelcovers than with what came a bit later..... eh Matt? (The factory parts tend to stay on better too!!!!!!!!)
                          I liked the kidney beans, and so did Dan when he flew in to drive it home; he didn't want the stockers. I think I sold the original wheel covers to another forum member, and the original wheels from the car went to scrap when I moved.

Custom or stock wheels, they will come off if you don't tighten the lug nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            I liked the kidney beans, and so did Dan when he flew in to drive it home; he didn't want the stockers.
                            Trust me Matt- you guys were NOT the only ones!!!
                            Though I must admit- if I ever have a set of those wheels- they will go on my '54 first.

StudeDave '57
                            a '57 wagon owner
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

My son is now 11 and he and I have talked over which car or truck he would like to work on and put his mark on. We have a '58 pickup and the '57 Broadmoor. He is leaning towards the wagon. If we go that way it will get and engine overhaul, a new paint job and mild updating here and there, AC some brightwork under the hood and a few other things. We have all the replacement sheet metal to replace some of the rusted areas now, and except for Matt's minor mishap on the right front is in pretty decent shape. However, it will absolutely stay Stude powered no SBC for this ride! We already get lots of comments when it is out. We took it to a Scout campout and it was perfect with 2 bikes in the back and all of our gear. For shows we plan to get a couple of surf boards to put on top. I have front and back In and Out Burger license plate frames to complete the look!
                              Dan White
                              64 R1 GT
                              64 R2 GT
                              58 C Cab
                              57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
                              X