Rear Fenders or Quarter Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fenders or Quarter Panels

Didn't Studebaker International (and Sasco) have 2-door sedan rear fenders for 1964-66 Commanders and Challengers (and '65 & '66Daytonas) in stock? After seeing my Commander, I'm just looking to see if the repairs are worth it. I know the doors are available for $375. Most inner structure and the deck lid I can get used. The condition of my doors surprised me. I might need used doors just for the innards.

Obviously SI would have gotten all the Sasco parts, but I don't see them in the catalog.
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Rear fenders have been gone for some time, they do have fronts though . Once in awhile rear show up at swap meets and ebay , so they are still out there.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Also keep in mind that '63 rear fenders will fit '64-66 cars as well, so that can broaden your scope. I have either 64 or 65 rear fenders on my car. There are a couple trim holes that are different, but the stamping itself is the same.
      '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

62 rear fenders will also fit. I sold a pair of NOS ones at York this year for 400.00, and the buyer was delighted to have found them. Check out the ad by John Heiple on the Swap Page he may have a pair, or Bob Peterson.
        Jim
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I don't know if I'm going to rebuild this car yet. I need to hunt around to see what is rusty other than the obvious.. I'm already looking at the left side cowl and floor. That and the panel between the deck lid and rear window. It needs a front clip, a deck lid, rocker panels...It just might be worth using it as a parts car as my Daytona was canabaliized by the previous owner. I'm questioning the frame at this point.
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
          X