Needing Windshield Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Windshield Info

We need a windshield for a 55 President. If anyone knows what models used the same one I'd appreciate the info. So far all I can find is lots of NO don't have it.
    We're going to have to get busy on the project Michelle,Jim & I will be making the trip to Vacaville for the 57 on Monday.
    Wish us luck the yard is getting full of FUN.
    Barry

Barry, I believe the same windshield was used up to the end of 1962 when the cowl was changed for a flat windscreen.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Did you try Champ glass in Idaho. I did a search here and came up with that name, no further info.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I believe 55 1/2, 56, and 57 are the same. 58 differed as they lowered the roof IIRC. they made glass changes thru 62 although they look alike.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
          I believe 55 1/2, 56, and 57 are the same. 58 differed as they lowered the roof IIRC. they made glass changes thru 62 although they look alike.
          If that's the case, you're gonna need two.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I have a good not perfect windshield I removed from a 1957 Studebaker President four door sedan.
            It is clear, not tinted and has some sand pits, no chips or Bullseyes.
            It is free to someone who can use it, person who needs it would have to arrange pickup and or shipping.
            I can bring to York swap meet this spring.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
              I have a good not perfect windshield I removed from a 1957 Studebaker President four door sedan.
              It is clear, not tinted and has some sand pits, no chips or Bullseyes.
              It is free to someone who can use it, person who needs it would have to arrange pickup and or shipping.
              I can bring to York swap meet this spring.
              If only I was a little closer.
              Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Michelles Pops View Post
                If only I was a little closer.
                Barry
                Yes, Barry that always happens to me! Needed a hood for my 57 Packard, guess where I found one?
                In your town of Red Bluff California!
                Maybe if you could connect with someone coming west with a truck or large RV perhaps with one or two transfers it might happen. Even someone in this forum may have a idea or connection? Start a new thread with that request, who knows!
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post

The '55 to '58 Body Parts Catalog has an error or two concerning Tinted vs Clear USA vs Canada, but it does appear that '56 to '58 are all the same, with '55 Wraparound Different, and then '59-'60 Different and are a no fit.

The '61 and '62 are also by their self with square corners.

So the OP's answer is sorry no, you can only use a '55.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 09-01-2013, 02:13 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Studebaker International has windshields listed as:
                    # 308010, clear, 55 and 56-58
                    # 308011, tinted, 55 and 56-58
                    Same parts for all years.
                    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I'll call in the am to make sure they've got it in stock and put this behind me. I appreciate all the help from everyone on the forum.
                      Barry

Comment

Do a search for Stude glass vendors.
                        You may find one closer, less shipping cost.
                        "candbstudebakers" on this site is near Citrus Heights he may have one. Used.
                        There is another thread about "Vic Phillips" he is a glass vendor, may want to check with them.
                        There is something about the new glass, it's thinner I think, so make sure to get the correct gasket.
                        Last edited by 55 56 PREZ 4D; 09-01-2013, 04:14 PM. Reason: added stuff
                        South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

55-58 IS CORRECT. As long as you have the later series wrap around style "Ultra vista or ultra vision" or something. Sorry, couldn't find a pic of the car you purchased.
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Michelles Pops View Post
                            We need a windshield for a 55 President. If anyone knows what models used the same one I'd appreciate the info. So far all I can find is lots of NO don't have it.
                            We're going to have to get busy on the project Michelle,Jim & I will be making the trip to Vacaville for the 57 on Monday.
                            Wish us luck the yard is getting full of FUN.
                            Barry
                            1955 mid year wrap around glass is the same up to 1958. Even though the 1958 roof is flatter, the windshield opening is still the same.

1959-60 looks similar but is about 1" lower across the top.

Chris.

Comment

I used this company to get a windshield for my Daytona, the glass was reasonable, but I paid a lot for shipping. Shipping should be a little less for you, since they are on the same coast. http://www.bobsclassicautoglass.com/index.html

Hope that might be helpful to you.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X