63 avanti seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 avanti seats

still in need of Avanti seats. will take full set, but especially rear seat. tks chas.

Can they be in any condition, or can you recover them? What happened to the old seats?
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

avanti seats

tks for ur reply. I have all seats. first, the front seats needs new foam, and recovering. the foam is brittle and hard. the rear seat bottom is completely deteriorated. the springs have fallen apart and foam is the same as the front. I may be able to salvage the rear back, but it needs new foam. any help is appreciated. tks chas.

Comment

Originally posted by charlotte1963 View Post
        tks for ur reply. I have all seats. first, the front seats needs new foam, and recovering. the foam is brittle and hard. the rear seat bottom is completely deteriorated. the springs have fallen apart and foam is the same as the front. I may be able to salvage the rear back, but it needs new foam. any help is appreciated. tks chas.

Sent a PM for an Avanti II rear seat.
        sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Originally posted by charlotte1963 View Post
          You probably don't need new seats...if the only issue is old foam. Any good upholster car replace foam. I did in my 63 front seats. Getting a new (to you) used seat with old foam is only delaying the inevitable...foam doesn't last forever.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Operative word is "GOOD" not an easy thing to find.........I have seen more butcher jobs by "expert" trimmers.....tread cautiously
            Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
            You probably don't need new seats...if the only issue is old foam. Any good upholster car replace foam. I did in my 63 front seats. Getting a new (to you) used seat with old foam is only delaying the inevitable...foam doesn't last forever.

Comment

grobb284, my msg may have been a bit confusing. I do need the rear Avanti II seats. I need the whole seats upper and lower. tks for ur help. chas.

Comment

Working...
              X