"Parts for a 48"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Parts for a 48"

I'm looking for these two items for my 1948 Studebaker Champion Convertible...
    ~ a clock
    ~ the handle for the passenger side vent window...
    Thanks,
    JRC

If you are a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club you will probably find the clock with your free want ad in Turning Wheels. I believe the vent window/handle/latch is still available NOS. Here's a link to many of our vendors.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      If you are a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club you will probably find the clock with your free want ad in Turning Wheels. I believe the vent window/handle/latch is still available NOS. Here's a link to many of our vendors.
      http://www.studebakervendors.com/
      Thanks for your reply....
      I am a member and will contact Mr Collins about placing an ad. I appreciate the tips...
      Thanks,
      JRC

Comment

The vent window glass will have to be removed to install a handle.

Comment

JRC, do you (or anyone else) have a picture of a 48 Champ clock? I have two NOS clocks that look the same but one has a chrome center and lighter hands while the other has a gold center and more tan hands.

Comment

"48 Champion Clock"

Originally posted by studefan View Post
            JRC, do you (or anyone else) have a picture of a 48 Champ clock? I have two NOS clocks that look the same but one has a chrome center and lighter hands while the other has a gold center and more tan hands.
            Yes Sir,
            On StudebakerParts.com they have a picture of one for a reference...

Thanks,
            JRC

Comment

studefan,
              On StudebakerParts.com the clock is listed under "gauges on the dash"...
              Thanks,
              JRC

Comment

Thanks, any tips are always welcome....

Comment

Make sure to specify Champion or Commander clock. They are different.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here is the link.
                    Free shopping cart software, open source software, ecommerce solutions for custom ecommerce websites: AgoraCart.

Looks like mine might be for the Commander as they have the notches around the perimeter of the chrome ring. The face looks the same though. Wonder it the chrome rims can be swapped? Don't know if they are the same diameter.

Comment

Working...
                    X