61 Lark Trunk lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Lark Trunk lid

New to the Studebaker drivers club. Putting together a 61 Lark and need a trunk lid. Anyone out there either have one or know of any used salvage yards who might?

abad7d2

Originally posted by abad7d2 View Post
    New to the Studebaker drivers club. Putting together a 61 Lark and need a trunk lid. Anyone out there either have one or know of any used salvage yards who might?

abad7d2
    am i correct that 1959 is the same deeck lid ? I may have a very good rust free one here in Illinois

Comment

The '59 and '60 Decklids do not have the matching center "hump" to the Hood bodyline that '61's have.
      Other than that the only difference may be a slightly different lock cylinder and housing, the Decklids WILL interchange.

Only us Studenuts that have parted out some of these Cars would have something like that, and '61 Lids being one year only and less built, are not going to be as Jack Vines says...thick on the ground!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        ... '61 Lids being one year only and less built, are not going to be as Jack Vines says...thick on the ground!
        True that.
        Being one year only, they are seldom needed so seldom saved. Check with Bob Peterson. He posts here as candbstudebakers. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ndbstudebakers
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

To expand on what Studerich said: yes the 59-60 trunk (deck) lid will fit within the dimensions of the 61 lark
          HOWEVER the arch (left to right) is flatter on a 61.
          Meaning if you were to place the smooth deck lid of the 59-60 onto a 61 body there is a 1 to 1 1/2 inch tall arching gap at the very center and fades as you near the edges.

I tried this very swap, because I wanted the smooth deck lid of the earlier Larks. I can't find the pictures showing the curvature difference.

Locks are different, and factory stamping detail is unique as others have stated.
          Keep your eye on eBay and here, cars pop up all the time.

Maybe BAMS50 will see this post, he had a wrecked 61 awhile back. He's in NYork.
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Yes I have one or two but here in California, but do have a friend heading to Ohio the Dayton area sometime this week and for a fee he would bring that far unless you and him were to make different arrangements, let me know if interested...Bob 510-266-2522
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

abad7d2
              Welcome to the Forum Andy. You might find a trunk lid as close to you as Somerset Pa. Check out the ad under August by John Heiple on the Swap Page at studebakerswap.com Looks like someone is selling the inventory of the late Jim Heiple.
              Jim S.
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I'm about 230 miles from you (Turnpike to Breezewood). I have a very decent one (been stored inside for more than 30 years). You can have it for just picking it up. I'll have to look, but I'm pretty sure it has the lock and latch assembly and even the stainless moulding.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

This one (couple posts above yours) may be worth the money just for the 61 only parts. Thread title says 62 but its a 61. Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

abad7d2
                    Nice used one in Florida.
                    Bo

Comment

61 Trunk lid

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                      I'm about 230 miles from you (Turnpike to Breezewood). I have a very decent one (been stored inside for more than 30 years). You can have it for just picking it up. I'll have to look, but I'm pretty sure it has the lock and latch assembly and even the stainless moulding.
                      I am right by the turnpike and would make the drive. Can you email me some pics of it?

Comment

Do you happen to have a windshield as well?

Comment

I am right by the turnpike and would make the drive. Can you email me some pics of it?
                          Thumbnails below. I can't see any dents or rust, paint is even nice. It had about 1/4 inch of dust on the outer surface. I didn't have a rag so I wiped it with my hands. That's why it appears streaky. The lock is missing, but the latch is on it. The rear edge stainless appears to be undamaged too.
                          Send me your email by Forum Private Message and I can send you much higher resolution pix if you want.
                          I have had this trunk lid and a hood for 30 years and I took them out if a barn near Waynesboro, PA where they were well stored. I have no idea how long they had been in that barn. I wouldn't be giving up the sheet metal, but we are selling our place and I need to get stuff out and I don't want to mess with trying to sell and ship stuff.
                          Sorry, no glass.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 53k; 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM.
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Does not look to bad, mine has hole along the top back edge on the drivers side as well as pretty soft underneath where the weather stripping goes and the outer panel is attached. If this seems to be solid in that area it would be well worth me making a trip vs fixing rust.

Comment

Working...
                            X