Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts

Hi,
    I just found your web site and knew that this were I could get a question answered, by the experts.
    My Godfather is a Studebacker owner and is age 80 with no computer knowledge, so I am doing some fact finding for him. The car has never been aprased for its value but he has always wanted to know its value. The following is a history of the car and trust when I tell you that every word is the gods honest true. Can someone give me an expert price on its value. If I can attach a pic I will.

1940 Studebaker Commander purchased by my godfathers landlord in late 1939 I believe. Owned by him until his death in 1952 when his widow gave it to my godfather. Owned to this day by my godfather. Car was garage kept its entire life, NEVER RAINED ON. All original, two parts replaced but original parts kept. (Spark plugs and fuel pump)It has 1500 miles on it, yes 1500 original miles, if I'm lieing I'm dieing. Starts after five pumps of the gas, drives like new. People do not believe the story until they see it. Original bill of sale in the glovebox with owners manual.

Any help would be great. I plan to show this site to my godfather on my next trip to his home. Thanks

Wow, sounds like an amazing find.

Ok fellas, here's the pics of this truly amazing survivor. Mr. Quinn, maybe you could put a value on the one of a kind car?

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Wow, sounds like an amazing find.

Ok fellas, here's the pics of this truly amazing survivor. Mr. Quinn, maybe you could put a value on the one of a kind car?

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Somebody must have really just driven this car to church on Sundays, and skipped a lot of church meetings!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Somebody must have really just driven this car to church on Sundays, and skipped a lot of church meetings!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

The value on that caris whatever someone would pay for it...it might really go nuts on e-bay....or maybe not. With what would you compare it? If it truly is a 1,400-mile original-paint car, the sky is the limit. It IS beautiful; just beautiful...! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The value on that caris whatever someone would pay for it...it might really go nuts on e-bay....or maybe not. With what would you compare it? If it truly is a 1,400-mile original-paint car, the sky is the limit. It IS beautiful; just beautiful...! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I like that turn signal lever. Was that factory?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I like that turn signal lever. Was that factory?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I do not know how you can put a value on this car. I suggest you try the Antique Studebaker Club, or maybe Ken Vogt. It sure is a beauty!

Comment

I do not know how you can put a value on this car. I suggest you try the Antique Studebaker Club, or maybe Ken Vogt. It sure is a beauty!

Comment

I sent Mr. Richard Quinn an email regarding it. We'll see what he has to say about it.
                        I think this car is what he says it is, just look at the foot pedals... [:0][8D]

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I sent Mr. Richard Quinn an email regarding it. We'll see what he has to say about it.
                          I think this car is what he says it is, just look at the foot pedals... [:0][8D]

Matthew Burnette
                          '59 Scotsman
                          '63 Daytona
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

All I can say is "Wow"![8D][]

<h5>Mark
                            '57 Transtar
                            3E-6/7-122
                            </h5>

Mark Hayden