Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe chrome on Champs

Deluxe chrome on Champsby JunkYardDog

I've seen plenty of 62 Champs in pictures or in person and one thing Ive noticed about mine is I have a lot more chrome then most on the doors and even the rain gutter,
    One thing I wonder about is the side molding on the doors all the chrome everywhere else matchs but the one strip on each side that seperates the two tune paint.
    The chrome on the fenders are more rounded and smooth like all the rest except for the door which is flat and thinner.
    I've guessed many a times as to what the factory did vs. whatever ,is the strip from the factory or maybe someone put it on off the sedan "but" then I haven't seen this on the sedan either?
    Ilike all the chrome it jazz's it up and looks good with the two tune paint but Ive never seen any other truck then mine thats like that. Even most of the 62 Champs say Champ on the fender where mine says studebaker.

[linked image]

Champ trucks didn't come with trim on the doors.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I have seen Champ trucks with Lark trim. Maybe that is what you have.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

1959 Larks (and the first promo photos of the 1960 Champ) had Studebaker on the front fenders - production trucks had "Champ" on the leading edge of the front doors.

Sounds like someone wanted to dress you truck up a little fancier...

Comment

Bob, I gotta see pics.does sound like someone used lark goodies on the Champ.
          Originally posted by JunkYardDog View Post
          Deluxe chrome on Champsby JunkYardDog

I've seen plenty of 62 Champs in pictures or in person and one thing Ive noticed about mine is I have a lot more chrome then most on the doors and even the rain gutter,
          One thing I wonder about is the side molding on the doors all the chrome everywhere else matchs but the one strip on each side that seperates the two tune paint.
          The chrome on the fenders are more rounded and smooth like all the rest except for the door which is flat and thinner.
          I've guessed many a times as to what the factory did vs. whatever ,is the strip from the factory or maybe someone put it on off the sedan "but" then I haven't seen this on the sedan either?
          Ilike all the chrome it jazz's it up and looks good with the two tune paint but Ive never seen any other truck then mine thats like that. Even most of the 62 Champs say Champ on the fender where mine says studebaker.

[linked image]
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
          X