Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic Deal on a GT Hawk( Sedalia MO.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Deal on a GT Hawk( Sedalia MO.)

Saw it, had to post it! Seems like a true steal to me, may be worse than it looks but if it is as good as it looks then someone jump on it! Check it out!

Someone close should definitely check this one out. I have found that sometimes "too good to be true" works in the favor of the buyer.
    sals54

Comment

Well...it looks to be "all there." Is that one of those Oldsmobile air cleaners?

For me, a '62, with the sleekest front end of the series, four-speed, full dash, and straight looking sheet metal...all positives.

If the front suspension is worn out, engine worn out, upholstery iffy, and wiring is patched up...nothing that couldn't be fixed. Not having power steering or power brakes...mechanically simpler to maintain. I don't know what those wheels are from, but they look fine to me.

If my poor wife wasn't so stressed about her upcoming retirement and all the "around the house" projects I am already planning to not cooperate on...I'd be on my way to pick it up.

However, for now...I'll pass on this one.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That is a good price for a Hawk with a 4 speed if the body isn't full of rust and bondo. I have a 62 with black paint, red interior, full dash and a 4 speed and I agree with jclary, it's the nicest looking of the GT Hawks. Bud

Comment

The air cleaner is a Studebaker oil bath type, correct for that year.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
            The air cleaner is a Studebaker oil bath type, correct for that year.
            Thanks for bringing me up to speed on that, Frank. All of mine have been dry types and, after all these years, I don't recall seeing that on that late of model car. I remember, some discussion before, the topic of folks seeking the huge Olds bat-wing style because they thought it "looked cool."
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John

The bat wing type air cleaner is being reproduced and is available from places like Speedway Motors and others.

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Thanks for bringing me up to speed on that, Frank. All of mine have been dry types and, after all these years, I don't recall seeing that on that late of model car. I remember, some discussion before, the topic of folks seeking the huge Olds bat-wing style because they thought it "looked cool."
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
                Saw it, had to post it! Seems like a true steal to me, may be worse than it looks but if it is as good as it looks then someone jump on it! Check it out!
                http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/3910373420.html
                Looks good in the pictures.Like you said,JUMP ON IT!!!That won't be there long.
                tony

Comment

DAANG!! It looks like a great car for that price! Its a Kansas car so I doubt it is a total rust bucket.... well at least not from a Minnesotant's point of view.

Comment

Way OT, but interesting we have two votes for the '62 GT being the best looking of all. And here I went to quite a bit of trouble and expense to put a '64 face on my custom because I thought it was the best looking. If I could have sold myself on the '62 look, all I'd have had to do is paint the side grilles and add the '62 center grille.
                    PackardV8

Comment

I have always said that if I ever had another 62 GT it would be black with a 4 speed. I am tempted by this one.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                        Way OT, but interesting we have two votes for the '62 GT being the best looking of all. And here I went to quite a bit of trouble and expense to put a '64 face on my custom because I thought it was the best looking. If I could have sold myself on the '62 look, all I'd have had to do is paint the side grilles and add the '62 center grille.
                        Count me as a third--I think the 62 front end is the best of the GT Hawks--much cleaner than later models...this said, all that maters is what you like. None of them are bad looking.
                        Dave Nevin
                        Corvallis, OR
                        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I've owned my 62 Hawk with a 4 speed since 1975 and I seriously doubt that I will ever part with it. Bud

Comment

Working...
                          X