Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Please

Hello,

This topic is concerning the reel type antenna that was produced for cars newer than 1953, and even more specific beginning with the hawk models and going to the lark models up to 1962.

I am doing some research and would like to know if anyone knows if there is a difference between the reel type antenna for a hawk and the one used on lark types. If this is true, I happen to believe I have a reel type for a hawk and would like to know if anyone would be willing to trade straight up for a lark one.

Obviously, I have no clue as to how many (if any) reel type antennas were produced for the various different models but I would appericiate any ideas anyone has here.

Sorry for the long winded explanation and thank you.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

There were a few different ones produced, and most of them would fit a sedan or a C/K. You simply used the appropriate template in the kit to drill the antenna hole. Any AC numbers on your antenna? Is the domed cover under the antenna nut black or chrome?

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

There were a few different ones produced, and most of them would fit a sedan or a C/K. You simply used the appropriate template in the kit to drill the antenna hole. Any AC numbers on your antenna? Is the domed cover under the antenna nut black or chrome?

Dwain G.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for responding, It appears to be chrome and that is how it was when I received it. The thing that baffles me, is that I am unable toinstall it from the inside. Its as if the antenna is to long even know it is reeled up completely.

Was the antenna portion shorter on some to allow installation?

Here is a picture of the antenna:

1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for responding, It appears to be chrome and that is how it was when I received it. The thing that baffles me, is that I am unable toinstall it from the inside. Its as if the antenna is to long even know it is reeled up completely.

Was the antenna portion shorter on some to allow installation?

Here is a picture of the antenna:

1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

It appears you have the correct AC-3012 antenna and instructions. Try it like Mike outlined, it sure should work. Was there a supplement instruction with the kit? Only needed if there is already a 15/16" antenna hole in the fender.

Dwain G.

Comment

It appears you have the correct AC-3012 antenna and instructions. Try it like Mike outlined, it sure should work. Was there a supplement instruction with the kit? Only needed if there is already a 15/16" antenna hole in the fender.

Dwain G.

Comment

Hello,

Yeah, I did get the template that Dave Mottle was kind enough to print for me. However, I still can't get it in. It seems like the antenna is still to long. I have it reeled all the way down or as far as it will go.

With it down the way it is, it measures 13" from where the threads are to screw the base down to the top. Should it be shorter? Was there a shorter antenna for these lark types?

I am not sure if mine is a AC-3012 and I can't find a number anywhere
                any ideas to where that number is?

Thank you
                1947 Studebaker M-5
                1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Hello,

Yeah, I did get the template that Dave Mottle was kind enough to print for me. However, I still can't get it in. It seems like the antenna is still to long. I have it reeled all the way down or as far as it will go.

With it down the way it is, it measures 13" from where the threads are to screw the base down to the top. Should it be shorter? Was there a shorter antenna for these lark types?

I am not sure if mine is a AC-3012 and I can't find a number anywhere
                  any ideas to where that number is?

Thank you
                  1947 Studebaker M-5
                  1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Working...
                  X