Commander engine mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Commander engine mystery

I got help from some of you here regarding a Commander engine that was in my '46 M5 in place of the Champion engine that belonged there. I cannot find more information on the engine to be able to get parts such as year and displacement. The parts manual does not have part numbers for this engine because the book I have only has truck engines. The engine is number 523140-2

It is nowhere near as difficult as you make it sound.
    First of all give us the Correct Engine Serial Number stamped into the Left front corner of the block on the side near the Cyl. Head. Serial Numbers are hand stamped into the Iron machined flat Pad.

What you have there is just the same Casting number that all 223 or 245 Commander Sixes have.
    Until we decode the serial Number you will not know if it is a Car or Truck, but it won't make much difference because they are very much the same and your book will be fine.

Have you signed in as two different names? I see you only have this One Post under Mark C. Runyon.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There was some discussions regarding Comm 6 engines in M5 trucks before.
      The firewall is different.
      Someone (Dick Quinn?) showed a service bulletin or sales letter stating that a Commander 6
      could be ordered in a M5.
      I am getting old and it maybe that I did not remember this correctly.
      Order the production order from the Museum to show how your truck was built.

The Studebaker National Museum Online Store is the place to shop for all of your Studebaker related merchandise needs....

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
      X