Hawk gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk gas tank

Anybody going to the Stude swap meet in Menomonie, WI. next month have a good gas tank that will fit my '61 Hawk? I don't need N.O.S., just a servicable tank for a reasonable price. I can pick it up there or on the way from Fond du Lac, WI. P.M. me Thanks. -Jim

Good examples of those C & K Tanks are not usually what many of us would call "Reasonable", unfortunately as demand goes up and supply goes down, this has to happen.

There should be some still around in the 150 to 200.00 price range when clean and usable.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

DON'T PITCH YOUR OLD TANK !

I don't care how far gone it is. It is restorable.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Can a Lark unit be made to work? My car didn't come with a gas tank at all.

Comment

And,and,and you ain't near there
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Danny do'nt hold Me to this,but I think a wagon tank is close enough to use.
            Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
            Can a Lark unit be made to work? My car didn't come with a gas tank at all.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I was at the Louisville Street Rod National last week, and one vendor had 15-20 different style gas tanks on display, and many more available by order. I remember thinking, there must surely be one close enough to Stude that could be fitted fairly easy. I wish I'd looked closer, and maybe asked a few questions.

Comment

If the issue is crushed or missing one story. If the issue is outlet leaks... I created a fender washer close and two fittings sandwich for an improved mechanical then Solder sealed it. If the issue is pin hole leaks... I'd look at Master Series primer sealer as they claim it will seal pin hole gas tank leaks and having used their products, I'd believe it works. I mistakenly painted clutch pedal bush insert with MS and all the wire brush on grinder wanted to do was polish it. Thought I'd never get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                  Danny do'nt hold Me to this,but I think a wagon tank is close enough to use.
                  The reason why I ask is, while I'm not ready for fuel, since there isn't even an engine yet. But one of the first things I plan to do is rebuild brakes while everything is real to get at, there is there are a couple 63 wagonaires in a parts yard close to me, they are both V8 cars So I planned to steal a set of brake drums, I wanted to steal a couple other good bits while up there. If I found a good resealable tank that would work while at it I would fetch that too.

Comment

I believe the tank stampings were the same on Lark, Hawk or station wagons. There was a "boss" at different locations that would be cut out to accept the filler neck depending on the model.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                    X