No announcement yet.

'63 Hawk - Oil Pressure Line Removal from Back of Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: '63 Hawk - Oil Pressure Line Removal from Back of Gauge

Have a factory oil pressure gauge and how do I remove the oil pressure line from it?
    Thank you

With a wrench. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

It's just a small flared fitting at the back of the gauge.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If I remember well, I used an 8mm wrench. This is almost an accessible part compared to other dashboard items but I don't have a tach on my Six.
        Best of luck.
        sigpic

Comment

It is as above noted - The fitting is (on my '63) a 1/8" tubing compression fitting. Replaced the grungy engine compartment "rubber" hose w/ a section of nylon flex tubing (supplied for oil gages) from one of the local parts places (required anadapter to join the two ends). Some car people do not like the nylon,however, it is supplied w/ many of the top line gage systems.
          Paul TK

Comment

Will take a 3/8 or 5/16 Line wrench. Once wrench is on, wiggle gently back and forth until loosens. It is a soft metal, important to be patient.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X