X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitute The Word Studebaker For British

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

'Forgot vapor lock, Jeff! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I wonder if the cartoonist used an Austin Healey instead of a Jaguar for the same reason Allstate used a Studebaker in their infamous ad!!!

Craig

Comment

Do you know why the British drink their beer warm? Their refrigerators are made by Lucas.

Comment

Well Jeff, I've owned my share of Austin healys and MGs and when I was young and more interested in the shear adventure inherent in going to the corner store for a quart of milk in an MG. You absolutly had to bring a tool kit. Theres no comparison, My Studebaker is rock solid dependable.
          Murray

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
          "And the Lord said 'let there be light'...Joseph Lucas replied 'no way, Lord, no way'."
          Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness".
          Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
          Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
          The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.
          Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

I just returned from a British car show in Spokane and parked in the lot was a red '63 Avanti. Does it belong to anyone here?
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by mapman View Post
              I just returned from a British car show in Spokane and parked in the lot was a red '63 Avanti. Does it belong to anyone here?
              Rob

I'll bet it was probably JBoyle's car. A very nice Avanti.

Bill

Comment

I have another. "Why don't the British make computers? Because they haven't found a way to make them leak oil yet!"
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                X