Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker

taking a ride sunday to a nearby town, everybody knows around town we have studebakers and theres a stude for sale . doesnt hurt to look. not buying though, we have five vehicles , thats enough for us. thinking of selling the lark, it kinda fizzled out for me this season. it wasnt my year for it, i hardly drove it very much, we have another studebaker and a packard, just thinking of being a spectator instead of being a participant. i figure i can always ride along with my husband in his. it didnt work out for me with driving my convertible either, mostly rainy, not many nice days around these here parts this year. was disappointed, i purchased a state park pass to enjoy the state park beach and going to other state parks, and i guess i wasted my nearly a hundred dollars getting it because there wasnt much cooperation with the weather in beach weather or outdoor activity weather this year. kind of deflated i was unable to go anywhere much because my convertibles transmission was out for a few months last year and i thought summer was going to make up for it when it finally was fixed. i feel im ready to move on regarding to keeping the lark. monday am taking it off the road and just going to store it until i decide what to do with it.

I spent a whole summer with brake drag and became really frustrated. Finally had that fixed before putting mine away for the winter. Over the winter I missed it and started gathering more parts. Come Spring a felt inspired again and started upgrading a little at a time. Each new upgrade was a thrill and the car still draws crowds. Take some time...you'll recover.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

"Take some time...you'll recover." Words of Studebaker Wisdom. We have all felt that way at one time or another.
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

...ditto!
        Still beats driving a jellybean.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Whenever I feel that way I put on Joe Walsh: Life's Been Good. "My Masserati does 195! I lost my licence, now I can't drive."
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The Swedish way is to work on the cars DURING the winter so it's ready to roll out & drive when the spring comes along... seems that kinda thinking aint the usual stuff everywhere...

Comment

Working...
            X