This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody tell me what model this is from the vi

I have a 51 Starlite coupe and I wonder if some one can tell me what model and options were on it? Vin #G889970
    Thanks,
    Don

Don Colliau

Maybe someone here can run the numbers for you.
    The best way to find out what options your car came with, as well as where it was delivered to, it to get the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum. www.studebakermuseum.org
    Also, my uncle has a '51 Champion Starlight. (Not Starlite, ) He got it when he was 14. It took him 11 years to restore it. 8 days after he got it out of the interior shop, someone pulled out in front of him. [V] It took him another 2 years to redo it again.
    The good news is, the car was restored again, and he's now 35 and still has it. [^]

Comment

Maybe someone here can run the numbers for you.
      The best way to find out what options your car came with, as well as where it was delivered to, it to get the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum. www.studebakermuseum.org
      Also, my uncle has a '51 Champion Starlight. (Not Starlite, ) He got it when he was 14. It took him 11 years to restore it. 8 days after he got it out of the interior shop, someone pulled out in front of him. [V] It took him another 2 years to redo it again.
      The good news is, the car was restored again, and he's now 35 and still has it. [^]

Comment

The serial number alone won't give any information about options, colors, body style, etc. It does tell us your car is a Champion, built very early in the model year, in the Los Angeles plant.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The serial number alone won't give any information about options, colors, body style, etc. It does tell us your car is a Champion, built very early in the model year, in the Los Angeles plant.

Dwain G.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Dwain G.
            Thanks,
            There is another tag on the firewall. Will that give more info?
            Don

Don Colliau

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Dwain G.
              Thanks,
              There is another tag on the firewall. Will that give more info?
              Don

Don Colliau

Comment

Yes, it tells model year, body type, trim level, and body number. You called your car a 1951 Starlight coupe, so the body tag should say 10G-C5 (or maybe C1 or C3). I suspect the body number will be pretty low on this car.
                Any and all pictures you would like to post will be enjoyed by all.

Dwain G.

Comment

Yes, it tells model year, body type, trim level, and body number. You called your car a 1951 Starlight coupe, so the body tag should say 10G-C5 (or maybe C1 or C3). I suspect the body number will be pretty low on this car.
                  Any and all pictures you would like to post will be enjoyed by all.

Dwain G.

Comment

The serial number alone will give you all the information only if you use it to get a production order from the Studebaker National Museum.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    33 Rockne 10
                    51 Commander Starlight
                    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The serial number alone will give you all the information only if you use it to get a production order from the Studebaker National Museum.

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      33 Rockne 10
                      51 Commander Starlight
                      53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                      X