Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Air Cleaner Bracket

1957 Golden Hawk 289 w/super-charger:
    Well, looks like I am making parts again. I am missing the upper air cleaner support. I have the manuals and I can tell about what it looks like. Jim @ SI doesn't have this part. How is this support attached to the engine? I have the lower support so I should be able to tell about where it should be located. If anyone has any IDEAS I would appreciate your sharing. (you notice I didn't even ask if anyone had an extra) Thanks Ken

If I remember correctly, I believe that it attaches to two of the valve cover studs, You are talking about the upper bracket, correct?

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Thanks Jim, Yep the upper bracket. I had already started measuring and decided that mine would mount to the rear studs of the valve covers.
      If anyone could snap a PIC of this bracket in place it would make it easier.. Thanks up front..Ken

Comment

Originally posted by LugNut View Post
        Thanks Jim, Yep the upper bracket. I had already started measuring and decided that mine would mount to the rear studs of the valve covers.
        If anyone could snap a PIC of this bracket in place it would make it easier.. Thanks up front..Ken
        Here is pic of bracket, it is attached to the valve cover and to the side of the air cleaner. Ken, Deltaville, Va
        Attached Files

Comment

Ken, Thanks for the PIC, I can build that.

Comment

Working...
          X