silver hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver hawk

this is my first time on forum.looking at a 1958 silverhawk on e-bay in Morrisville pa.would have to fly out there to have a look as don't buy( pig in poke)wondering if anyone knows this car ? thanks in advance,arkie

Lots of members in PA, should hear from someone tomorrow.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Wow - someone must have really gotten in a bind to lose a car like that because they could pay the storage fees...

After sitting for three years (maybe more) I would be pretty cautious with the brakes. Once things start getting loosened up they might REALLY loosen up. The car has had a motor transplant so there might be a lot of questions as to what else was done to it.

If it was not 1.5 hours away I would help where I could but there are probably people much closer who might be able to look.

Good luck.

Comment

I just hate these reserve bids as I don't know the condition of the car and I wouldn't bid my top dollar with out it and don't want to spend $500 to go see and not buy.i just love this site because of people like you.thanks arkie

Comment

I would ask them to send you some pics of the trunk floor, the under side of the gas door looks bad. Rust hides and can be covered up.

Mark

Comment

will do mark & thanks,max

Comment

I bought my Hawk from California and requested quite a few pics before I commetted to buying it. Before he got the cashiers check I still flew from Detroit to Sacramento to personally inspect the car before I dropped the cash. Let the buyer beware
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

How much was the monthly storage fee. Make you wonder what is "the rest of the story", to quote Paul Harvey.

Comment

Working...
                X