No announcement yet.

Right front turn signal STILL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Right front turn signal STILL!!!

Peter Bishop

If your rear signals WERE working, it could not have been the fault of the indicator ("tell tale") bulb. If the indicator bulb is in the circuit, it must have two wires and not be grounded at its socket. I do not have a wiring diagram here. I am just going by what I think that it should be and what you state. It is hard to imagine that the entire current for the two directional bulbs goes through the indicator bulb.

You simply had to find where the power that is supposed to go to the turn signal socket/bulb was being "lost". You probably have either a break in a wire somewhere or a bad connection somewhere along that electrical path.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

How about since the "big change" occurred after you were wiggling around under there, that some of the bullet Plugs at the Steering Column to dash harness have come loose?

Or maybe there are intermittent opens in the turn signal switch or wires in the column?

Now it seems since the condition is worse that the other day when we beat this one to death, EVERY CIRCUIT AND WIRE IN THE TURN SIGNAL & STOP LIGHT SYSTEMS MUST BE TESTED/RETESTED.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Found the open, fixed it and now just have to reinstall the tell tale fixture into the dash. I hope I have the patience. Does the tell tale socket just get pushed in or is there any rotation required?
        Peter Bishop

Comment

The socket just pushes in Peter.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
            Found the open, fixed it and now just have to reinstall the tell tale fixture into the dash. I hope I have the patience. Does the tell tale socket just get pushed in or is there any rotation required?
            I am glad that you found the problem and fixed it. Where was the open located?
            I see that it was an open (my prime "guess" all along [not getting power]).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

OK Peter, don't be shy, the whole Stude. World is waiting to see what we and or you missed, not to harass you of course, just for our "knowledge base" of what to watch for.
              OK, we're a very curious lot!

We have all been there done that, and it is always something super simple and right in your face that was overlooked and you don't feel like making an Idiot out of yourself after we went through all those posts on the original string to try and help. ...It's OK really we've BEEN there!

For those of you that missed it, it's this one:

Thirteen Posts LONG.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 08-06-2013, 08:24 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X