Stainless Cleaner and Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Cleaner and Polish

I had all the stainless polished before it was put on and looked but after the guy put my windshield in It has a dull finish and I can't get a shine. Any suggestions on a good cleaner.

I use Metall.... It's an old brand that was originally for aluminum but is excellent for stainless too. Unfortunately, I've only found it on line.

Comment

I use Metal Glo* for that. It is sometimes sold at the knife making sites.
      It says for "professional use" but I use it anyhow.

Claims to work on brass,silver, gold, chrome, copper, nickel,stainless steel, pewter, porcelain, fiberglass, plexiglas, hard plastics and painted surfaces.
      "Great for jewelry, guns, knives, swords, cookware, silverware, chrome automobile and motorcycle parts, trophies, golf clubs, surface scratches in hard plastics, bowling balls, etc..."

I have only used the paste. Here's some at Amazon for example.

I have only used it on stainless. I am not endorsing the product -- it is just what I used. My brother used to take my tubes of it to work on his knife collection as it worked on the handles as well as the blades.

*trademark of United Cutlery Corp
      Last edited by Lark Parker; 08-05-2013, 02:36 PM.
      sigpic
      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

I'll go with that. jimmijim
        Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
        I use Metal Glo* for that. It is sometimes sold at the knife making sites.
        It says for "professional use" but I use it anyhow.

Claims to work on brass,silver, gold, chrome, copper, nickel,stainless steel, pewter, porcelain, fiberglass, plexiglas, hard plastics and painted surfaces.
        "Great for jewelry, guns, knives, swords, cookware, silverware, chrome automobile and motorcycle parts, trophies, golf clubs, surface scratches in hard plastics, bowling balls, etc..."

I have only used the paste. Here's some at Amazon for example.

I have only used it on stainless. I am not endorsing the product -- it is just what I used. My brother used to take my tubes of it to work on his knife collection as it worked on the handles as well as the blades.

*trademark of United Cutlery Corp
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks Lark Parker. I will get some ordered. If you say it will work that is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
            Thanks Lark Parker. I will get some ordered. If you say it will work that is good enough for me.
            ARGH! It's not magic. But better than some I tried.
            sigpic

Comment

It's puzzling that your ss trim would become dull after installing a new windshield. Am I missing something here?? Btw, I use good ol' Simichrome, has worked for me for years. Otherwise, I pull the trim and use my bench wheel.

Comment

This is also some really good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                  It's puzzling that your ss trim would become dull after installing a new windshield. Am I missing something here?? Btw, I use good ol' Simichrome, has worked for me for years. Otherwise, I pull the trim and use my bench wheel.
                  I agree the situation is a bit of a puzzler. Maybe the installer used something weird to get off the fingerprints? Or got some glass sealer on it?
                  Simichrome is good and may be be available locally. That's a plus.
                  Pull the trim around the window??? <G>
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X