Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For A Graphic / Logo Artwork

Any graphic artist's out there?

I have a desire for a high quality graphic of a Studebaker fender script. (see attached pic).

Need it in a super high quality vector schmector raster schmaster format, so it can be scaled up/blown up real big.
    (Like 3' or longer)

Want it 'photo like' and not cartoon like (if that makes sense).

Just wondered if this has already been done anywhere.
    Google searching brought me nothing useable....

(Would also love to have the word 'Powered' done the same way..)
    I really liked the blue script up there (it came to me that way), but would like to have it look like the fender script, all chrome like, and it would be cool to have it say 'Powered', too...

Anyone?
    Just kickin' idea's around....
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Jeff, When I wanted a Studebaker Script for my valve covers I went to my local sign shop. The guy there had me take a piece of tracing paper out to the script on my grill and do a "rubbing" with the side of a pencil lead to get the basic shape of the script. He then scanned it into his computer and used his graphics program and skills to clean it up until we were both satisfied with it. From there he was able to print it in vinyl in any color or size that I wanted. The vinyl can then be applied to any surface and even cleared over. On the first set I did, I even had clear powder coat done and the vinyl stood up to both the powder coating and engine heat. The whole process, including the printed vinyl cost about $100. You might check with local sign shops to see if there is one willing to work with you. Here is a picture of the valve covers I did, and then later on we used similar script on the fuel rail covers of my LS1 engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Clean up 026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1683140

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1683141
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Jeff,
      You also might try taking a high resolution digital photography of an original. It can then be scaled up using Photo Shop. You can also take it to your local copy shop where they have digital capabilities and have them print it to the size you want on good quality paper. They might even be able to print it on weather proof label material.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I am glad you brought this up Jeff. I was wanting some graphics made up of the chrome strip going down the side of the wagon. And Parkview on the tail gate. The only problem is somebody is going to put it on besides me. I am just to shaky I can't even take pictures they come out a blur.

Comment

Most communities of any size now have sign makers who have invested in all the digital equipment to produce decals that were formerly only available by contracting with the likes of 3M. We have several here in rural Pennsylvania who can take a photo, enlarge it to any size, clean and polish in photoshop and transfer to vinyl appliques to install in exterior spaces, including vehicles.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jeff,
            You might want to try Curt Sochocki of New Carlisle, IN.
            He used the script on my Hawk Poster. He also added a 's' to Hawk for the poster
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Jeff,

I used to do graphic work as part of my business. It would be easy enough for me to do. PM me your email address. I will need a good clean photo of the trim, in as high of a resolution as you can get. (Definitely higher than your example above). Creating matching "powered" lettering will be tricky, as you're trying to match an piece of real metal with computer generated fonts, but I can give it a shot and you can throw it to the curb if you don't like it.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
              X