CAM Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAM Cruise

Today was the big annual Cruise event for the California Auto Museum (CAM). While I did not participate in the cruise this year, I did volunteer to be one of the Judges. My friend Greg Glubka (pictured giving the award notification to Leonard) and I judged the MOPARs, Motorcycles, and Orphan cars. While I helped evaluate all of the orphan cars, I recused myself from the final decision as several of my Karel Staple buddies had cars to judge.

We picked a 70 "Cuda for the best Mopar, a 1964 Allstate Vespa for best motorcycle and Greg picked Leonard Brewer's 55 Speedster as best Orphan. Honestly, there was no pressure on my part to give the award to a Studebaker but Leonards car is certainly worth it.

There was a really nice 42 Willys Jeep there all decked out in it's military glory but I'm thinking that a Jeep is not an orphan car. True, they no longer make Willys cars, but the Jeep has survived. There was also a near perfect 56 Packard 400 that made me salivate. STUCOOL was there and gave Greg something to think about when he was picking the winner. Too bad they didn't have more than one winner in each category. I told Pat we would have selected his car but he had too many miles on it. (you will have to check out his thread on that subject to understand the joke)

Anyway here's a couple of pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM Cruise 004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1740146 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM Cruise 003.jpg
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1740147 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM Cruise 005.jpg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1740148 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM Cruise 015.jpg
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	1740149
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Looks like a nice gathering. I like how Packard preceded the model name with "The" in the script. So definitive!
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Just to show the type of company Leonard and his Speedster keep, here is a picture of him lined up to receive his award between a 48 Bently and a V-16 Caddy convertible.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0803131933a.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1683128
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
      X