Old guy does 1st Stude repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old guy does 1st Stude repair

I haven't posted in a while due to current work load. But I found time to install a new speedometer cable from Dave T-Bow.
    I'm not mechanically inclined, but do a lot of home repair & restoration. Well, after transferring the pinion gear to the new cable & bolting it in I cut the bridge of my nose on something or other under the Champ. Just part of the task. My 1st attempt at feeding the new cable to the dash came up short. So I re- routed the cable to the shortest path possible & it connected perfectly.
    My hands are dirty, but so what? I did it myself & saved some time in the shop (and money too) !

Next job is the leaf spring bushings.

Good for You! But please remember to wear safety glasses even if they are a pain.

Comment

Old guys rule! I've been wrenching on cars for about 56 years now, wish I could find someone to work on my cars for me but the few times I've tried to outsource the work, I get bit with sloppy work and a big chunk out of my Social Security entitlement- the one I've probably paid more into than I'll ever get back out.....

Comment

If your Champ is anything like a Stude car, the spring bushings will be a real test of your stick-to-it-ivness, especially if you are talking about the ones in the frame. If you can do those, you can do just about anything your Stude could ever need done

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
          If your Champ is anything like a Stude car, the spring bushings will be a real test of your stick-to-it-ivness, especially if you are talking about the ones in the frame. If you can do those, you can do just about anything your Stude could ever need done
          The truck bushings are real easy. They're a two piece deal, and each half slips in from each side of the opening. The most time consuming part of the job is getting the rusty nuts loose.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            The truck bushings are real easy. They're a two piece deal, and each half slips in from each side of the opening. The most time consuming part of the job is getting the rusty nuts loose.
            Darn,
            He's not gonna have near as much fun then.

Comment

Use the "blue wrench" on stuff like that...

Comment

Working...
              X