Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Avanti front script - ANY condition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Avanti front script - ANY condition!

Does anyone have a piece of the front script from an Avanti that they would be willing to part with cheaply? It can be in any condition - pitted, broken, whatever. Actually, I would prefer one that has the mounting posts broken off (They used mounting posts on this script, right?), as I would be breaking them off myself.

Some of you may remember the Avanti bed project I designed and built for my son (because no other sports car bed is as good as a Studebaker sports car bed!) For ages, the thing sat unpainted in his room, good enough to sleep in, but not done. Over the last few days though, we've got all the painting done except for one tire (which I'll be doing tomorrow). I even put together a "wiring harness" for the thing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1097831_10201092536768307_1790641740_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1740133

I rigged a couple of inexpensive tap lights to a switch which I mounted on the bed, so now he has headlights he can turn on and off right from bed. But, looking at the front, I feel like a little Studebaker bling would really finish it off.

So if anyone has a piece of front script, let me know. Like I said, condition isn't a concern. If I have to sand down the pits and spray paint it with fake chrome, I'm fine with that.

I'll post some completed pics of this very cool bed once I finish the last tire
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Check Ebay...there's usually at least one there someone's trying to sell.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Jim

I have this one off my 74, not in the best condition but it still has the pins.

If you can use it, PM me your address.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1155.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1683124Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1154.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1683125

Bob
      Last edited by sweetolbob; 08-03-2013, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Jim, Send me your address.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Jamie (and those who sent me PM's), thanks for your offers! Bob is going to be sending his old piece my way. If I do somthing dumb like break it while modding it for the bed, I'll keep you on backup if that's okay.

Thanks everyone. You've gone a long way towards making a little guy (and his dad!) happy!
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Can't wait to see the unveil!

Comment

Why not keep the nameplate trim pins? Use the pins to locate the spot where you want to place it. Then drill small, interference fit, holes in the wood. Push the nameplate pins into the holes and you have a simple mounting.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X