Car Cover suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Cover suggestions

I might be hauling my Avanti cross country soon and would prefer to cover it with a good one that fits reasonably well.
    Knowing that cost varies widely with them, I assume you get what you pay for and the pricier ones are better than the cheapies.

Any suggestions for covering what I measure at 16'? Thanks!

Don't do it, Tom!

Car covers/straps on cars being trailered tend to rub,scrub, flip, flap, and flop, as the wind blows over, under, around, and through them, resulting in not only the cover being torn to shreds, but also paint being rubbed off of the car.

You would be much better off to just transport the car without a cover. (Unless you are using an enclosed trailer.)
    Last edited by Studedude; 08-02-2013, 08:21 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Agreed, don't do it. I know too many people with horror stories with paint being rubbed off.

Comment

I hadn't thought of that, thank you!

Okay, when I stop to overnight, along the route east, I'd still like to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomnoller View Post
          I hadn't thought of that, thank you!

Okay, when I stop to overnight, along the route east, I'd still like to cover it.
          Good idea!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Yep, Tom; do NOT have a cover on it while you are transporting it on an open trailer!

California Car Cover Co. has many varieties; check them out for what seems the best for you. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

One of our SDC members sells great car covers and at a reasonable price: Wellington Classics. http://wellingtonclassics.com/index.html I got one for my '53 coupe and it fits well and was a lot higher quality than I expected for the price. DO NOT PUT A COVER ON YOUR CAR WHILE TRAILERING IT OUT IN THE OPEN!!!!

Comment

I had a cheap [walmart,I think] cover. I had to put the car out for a few weeks. It got wet a few times,and I had water spots on all top surfaces. Spots that wouldn't come off without being wet sanded and buffed. So,don't buy a cheap cover!
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I trailered a 1981 Jaguar XJ6 from San Diego to Atlanta.....I put my car cover on and then covered it in shrink wrap. Made the trip intact with the occasional "tail" from the end of the shrink wrap that I occasionally trimmed and re-secured the end of the wrap.

Comment

Working...
                  X