putting up studebaker in 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting up studebaker in 2 weeks

Guess am taking the lark off the rd. For me it was a bust this summer.lotta rain,then curb rash, hot weather-it runs hot in humid weather and then lotta more rain forecasted. Joe is getting ready for my camper,I'm moving on to the66 Scotty serro project.I hardly was able to take the studebaker out this yr.kind of too discouraged to hang on and keep the car on the road.the lack of power steering and brakes ..it wears me out strong arming the steering wheel too. When the camper is done am giving up my Studebaker and camper.we have the 56 and the 58 I think at this point I just want to be a passenger in his cars

The summer hasn't been great but it isn't over until the snow comes. I only use my Studebakers for fun driving and have collector insurance on them all year. With the inspection, license, and insurance paid I don't save any money by putting mine away early and still may have some fun with them. Lack of power steering and brakes on my car isn't a deal breaker for me either. I just adjust my driving technique to match the car and its go and have fun drive. The lack of air and power accessories isn't an issue on an old car for me. I do appreciate them on my newer everyday cars and wouldn't do without them on a daily basis. Old cars are like going camping in that you give up some modern stuff to have some fun but I don't want to do it everyday.

Comment

Working...
    X