Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't this how BAMS would wanna travel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't this how BAMS would wanna travel...

Say, Bob is it odd that I thought of you when I first read/watched this?

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...135414674.html

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

That is just GREAT! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The dealership at the beginning of the movie was Jack Ellis Chrysler in Glendale Ca. Chevy Chase took delivery of the wagon in front of the service department entrance.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

That is one AWFUL car. I LOVE it. Bonus that it is actually owned by the Griswals.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
          Say, Bob is it odd that I thought of you when I first read/watched this?

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...135414674.html

StudeDave '57
          Nope, not at all. Over the years I have many times mentioned here that I fancy myself to BE Clark Griswold. I had a good time playing the role for years as the kids were growing up. I had two kids (Rob plus his closest cousin), beautiful woman, and ridiculous family "truckster (Dodge, then Ford conversion van). Alas, the Dodge is gone, the Ford is close to 200K, and the boys are grown up; Rob has been in Japan 4 months now. On the upside, I still have his Momma who still takes my breath away! Looking back now, the memories are bittersweet- but mostly sweet

As for the Truckster- I am such a fan of that movie that at one time I contemplated actually building a clone of it. There is a whole group dedicated to building them. Someone even commissioned casting of copied of the tacky gold crowns that adorn the sides of the Truckster. There used to be a forum dedicated to it.

That movie and its companion Christmas Vacation are in my top 5 all-time favorite movies. I loved being Clark Griswold in real life, dumb mistakes and all. And I still watch that movie frequently.

"The Wagon King Family Truckster: You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it"
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Good for the 'real Grizwolds' for 'taking it to the next level' ... having the car built and then drive it to one of my favorite places (& their's too) DisneyWorld! As far as 'movie cars' go, I liked the early seventies full sized Buick wagon in the recent movie "The way, way back" driven by "The Office's" Steve Carell.
            JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Maby I ought to talk my wife in to customizing her DS like the taxi in Back To The Future...
              Or not, my Studebaker does just as good for making folx wonder.

Comment

Working...
              X