Power Booster Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Power Booster Test

How do I test the power brake booster on my 62 GT Hawk ? Can you still get a cap for the master cylinder mine seems to be stripped...if I were to switch over to a double chamber master what kind is compatible ? How difficult is the switch. Many Thanks...Totempole

You will find countless excellent Tips here on Bob Johnstone's site:

Hydrovac brake Booster info, Under floor Dual Masters, remote fill reservoir setup, Disc. Brake Conversions, you name it. Even a Electro/Mechanical replacement for the troublesome Hydraulic Brake Light Switch.

I got the link by the way, from the SDC Main Page, Tech. Tips, Specs and data section, lots more cool stuff there.

I would have to say my opinion is, an under floor Dual master Cylinder is not an easy "bolt-on" task. But take a look and see if you are up to a task requiring custom bending a lot of tubing etc. to make up your own mind.

Master Cyl. Caps, like everything Studebaker are at: http://studebakervendors.com
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-26-2013, 06:07 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      You will find countless excellent Tips here on Bob Johnstone's site:

Hydrovac brake Booster info, Under floor Dual Masters, remote fill reservoir setup, Disc. Brake Conversions, you name it. Even a Electro/Mechanical replacement for the troublesome Hydraulic Brake Light Switch.

I got the link by the way, from the SDC Main Page, Tech. Tips, Specs and data section, lots more cool stuff there.

I would have to say my opinion is, an under floor Dual master Cylinder is not an easy "bolt-on" task. But take a look and see if you are up to a task requiring custom bending a lot of tubing etc. to make up your own mind.

Master Cyl. Caps, like everything Studebaker are at: http://studebakervendors.com
      Thank you Sir...Totempole

Comment

Working...
      X