Meltdown Drags,a few new pics of The Stewed Tomato & The Relic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meltdown Drags,a few new pics of The Stewed Tomato & The Relic

My wife took a series of pictures of the first run together.I have another camera SD card to go thru but here is what I have so far. You can see Ted won this race. This is the one he said he red lighted on. I don't care which one of us won,it was just damn cool to be doing what we were doing!
    Attached Files

I forgot what engine is in the Yellow '61? 105 MPH in 13.34 ain't too shabby!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like that old Paxton was good for the extra 4 Mph it took to get around the yellow car.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Rich, it is a mostly stock rebuild 400 CI small block Chevy with a 142 Weiand supercharger,700cfm Holley.TH350 trans and a flanged model 44 331 Twin Trac.

Comment

My best run of the weekend was Sunday with a 12.97 @ 105.53. A terrible 60 ft. time of 2.003,but the reaction time was .053

Comment

Sweet. I'm sitting at the office pounding out contracts and I needed a diversion. I can almost hear them
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Is the 'Tomato' running full wheelcovers? Or does it just look that way in the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Is the 'Tomato' running full wheelcovers? Or does it just look that way in the picture?
                Yes, it has full 1962 model-year wheel covers. Ted likes them because they have red centers to match the red color of the car, as opposed to the white-trimmed 1963 wheel covers. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X