Replacement or repair hawk sunvisors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Replacement or repair hawk sunvisors

I need to do something with my sun visors. I believe someone replaced my '64 Hawk ones that are black and I believe the originals were white but not sure. Anyway, who has redone theirs and how. I have seen some of the services that will redo yours for $98ea. WOW! Seems like a lot for cardboard.
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Studebaker International has newly made non-padded sunvisors for $149.95/pair. I have personally used several pairs and I am quite satisfied with them.

Comment

I recently installed a set of SI's in the 63GT, and cannot say enough good to do them justice. They are a dead ringer for OEM, and even include the plastic ball sticking out of the end. They cost $149 for the pair.
      Nothing I found on ebay came close, neither in appearance, function or price.

Comment

"Studebaker International has newly made non-padded sunvisors for $149.95/pair."

YOW! Just another reminder that I am being priced out of this hobby.

Comment

You are certainly right. These prices reinforce the contention that buying an already restored car is probably much cheaper than buying the parts and labor to do one from scratch unless of course you just want the satisfaction of doing one. If you only want a finished car to drive than the choice is obvious at todays cost of rebuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
            You are certainly right. These prices reinforce the contention that buying an already restored car is probably much cheaper than buying the parts and labor to do one from scratch unless of course you just want the satisfaction of doing one. If you only want a finished car to drive than the choice is obvious at todays cost of rebuilding.
            I agree 100 percent, with both you & Skyway

Comment

I know these are nice but it is just cardboard!!!!! Painted and shaped cardboard but nonetheless. Still cheaper than Southeast Studebaker, $90 ea (I guess that is each not sure from their site and that is exchange).
              Dan White
              64 R1 GT
              64 R2 GT
              58 C Cab
              57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
                I know these are nice but it is just cardboard!!!!! Painted and shaped cardboard but nonetheless. Still cheaper than Southeast Studebaker, $90 ea (I guess that is each not sure from their site and that is exchange).
                SI did not require an exchange. The mount rod, which is held to the overhead by screws, was not included.

Comment

Working...
                X