Need some small screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some small screws

I need some small screws (nos or used)for the following trim on a 63 Lark Daytona convertible
    2-3045X3-8-32 x 3/8-For trim on top of door
    2-G274649-8-32 x 1/4-For trim on top of door
    2-G155867-8-32 X 1/4- chrome- For top of ventilater chrome trim
    If you need more explanation please let me know
    THANKS

Studebaker International sells stainless steel trim screw kits.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Pretty sure those are 6-32 x 1/4 for the ones on the top of the vent window. I had them custom made out of stainless instead of chrome because they went NLA, and because the chrome rusts. They fit Hawk and Late hardtops, 4 per car.

Comment

If you plan on keeping your car for any length of time, be sure to use stainless screws. One small advantage of using them is the lack of rust that sometimes shows after a car has gone through a few seasons of humidity.
        sals54

Comment

I have often resorted to the Bolt Depot for some obscure little items. Often not the cheapest but, a quick hunt and you can purchase just one piece if that's all you need. I've often needed just two screws for a particular application in a Studebaker. Get a dozen and sell the excess at swap meets, labelled for their application.

Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace hardware all have selection of screws in all sizes.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

I have some used ones of these two:
              3045x3
              G155867
              Skip Lackie

Comment

McMaster Carr , MSC, & Granger are also a source of hardware most deliveries are the next day. At wok used them for small orders needed fast the last ones I used were the ones that hold on the door handles on my Clipper used stainless so they will stay bright rather than steel . If you have a friend or other studebaker owner near by split the cost or give extras away.

Comment

Originally posted by 00RACER View Post
                  I need some small screws (nos or used)for the following trim on a 63 Lark Daytona convertible
                  2-3045X3-8-32 x 3/8-For trim on top of door
                  2-G274649-8-32 x 1/4-For trim on top of door
                  2-G155867-8-32 X 1/4- chrome- For top of ventilater chrome trim
                  If you need more explanation please let me know
                  THANKS
                  Any good hardware store would have something fairly close.

Comment

Working...
                  X