Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen this Missouri Lark for $1,995?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite an unusual car, a '61 Lark VI Deluxe 4 Door with Overdrive and A/C. I wonder if it could actually be one of those rare Factory installed '61 only heating and A/C Systems?

I can see that the evaporator is not a Standard Stude. issue, but that does not mean it's not a factory install with a replacement dash Unit.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

May or may not be bondo, but for that price you can't get hurt too bad. Ask for some clearer pictures, offer him a little less, and enjoy!
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Borrow money from the city and buy it. That is a give away price.

Comment

Rich,do you think it could pull in o.d. with the ac going <G>
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Quite an unusual car, a '61 Lark VI Deluxe 4 Door with Overdrive and A/C. I wonder if it could actually be one of those rare Factory installed '61 only heating and A/C Systems?

I can see that the evaporator is not a Standard Stude. issue, but that does not mean it's not a factory install with a replacement dash Unit.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Ha, that's a good one! My '63 Lark 6, one of 2 Sixes out of about 20, has a hard time going down the Interstate over 50 MPH pulling itself without overheating, let alone an Air Conditioner with a big vertical Piston Compressor!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

given AC .....was there a possibility the R/A ratio was 4.55 or better for hi rpms to keep things cool ? And probably a low desert car, or destination ? Not many hills...?

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                Really...the car is now fifty two years old. It has managed to still be around for these years with the six cylinder. Pulling or not, someone saw enough value in this vehicle to keep it away from the scrap yard. Anyone with appropriate expectations and good mechanical skills should find this a treasure.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Really...the car is now fifty two years old. It has managed to still be around for these years with the six cylinder. Pulling or not, someone saw enough value in this vehicle to keep it away from the scrap yard. Anyone with appropriate expectations and good mechanical skills should find this a treasure.
                  Straight is great!

Comment

That definitely looks like a project for 4961Studebaker if he's snooping around on the forum this evening. It's a '61 and it's in Missouri!!! What more could he want. BTW 4961, we haven't seen any recent pictures of your '61 project in a few weeks. How's it going???

Comment

Working...
                    X