63 Champ Turn Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 63 Champ Turn Signals

I just noticed that my '63 Champ truck's turn signals don't work. The taillights, brake lights and parking lights do work, but not the turn signals. So where is the circuit breaker/fuse for the turn signals? And where is the flasher unit like found on newer cars? There is a little square unit about an inch wide by a half inch on the left fender -- is that the flasher? Also searched under the dash and found neither item.

Turn Signal Fuse and Flasher

The Flashing Unit should be on the small micarda? insulator Board with a Fuse for Stop Lights and a Fuse for Turn Signals.
    Try under the Dash Left (Drivers) side. You may need a flashlight.

By the way, Welcome Ted to the SDC and to the SDC Forum.
    You will want to join up to stay better informed and also buy a Shop Manual, and Studebaker Parts Catalog from one of our fine Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com

These CD ROM Discs are available very inexpensively compared to two thick Books.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-17-2013, 04:19 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks, StudeRich for the quick reply. I've actually been on here before but since they re-did the forum it thinks I'm "new". I was at Colorado Springs the first of the month, had a great time. I looked for the fuses, on your advice I'll look again. Is the flasher there, too? I have a Shop Manual, also a SI catalog. Just couldn't find the info I wanted there. Thanks again. Ted

Comment

The Studebaker Chassis and Body Parts Catalogs are combined on Trucks and have a hundred times more info than the S.I. Catalog does, they are very helpful for assembly sequence and view of all parts in the Truck.

The answer to your question about the Flasher Unit is word 2 and 3 of line one, of my post 2 above.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X