X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is No SBC!

From the H.A.M.B.:

Re: pictures of Hudson drag racers... lets see them

yes it is a shame that Hudson never developed their own "modern" V8 to keep the fire burning as hot as the flathead 6 did.
    attached are some pictures of my next Hudson powered drag racer. its a 64 Studebaker Commander 2dr sedan with a 328 cubic inch Hornet engine with twin corvair turbos. Everything on the car is 1965 or earlier except for safety equipment.
    Attached Thumbnails

Now THIS is a Custom Car! And it would be equally entrancing to see a Stude V8 taking up residence in a Step-Down Hudson.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Now THAT"S a serious Big 6! It should be a screamer.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Get radical, Dave!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

This reminds me, I was at a car show yesterday and one of my favorite locals again, 1950 hudson pacemaker, with built Daytona 7X engine. Don't know hudson jargon well enough to know what that means but owner said the machinist estimated 280, so sounds good to me.
          This car is truly stunning in person, literally the nicest custom I've ever seen in person. I thought a red version of this paint would look great on a 53 like mine. Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg59XxoeqDg

Comment

a little info---
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

That is remarkable. I would so like to have one. Made my day. thanks jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Excellent !
                Bill H
                Daytona Beach
                SDC member since 1970
                Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Hey show a vid of it running, would love to hear that beast.

Comment

Now that is cool! I would love to see this car in action. I bet it sounds menacing!

Comment

does anyone have the link on the Hamb where the Hudson engine Stude was posted? Anyone know the owner?
                      64 Champ long bed V8
                      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Dave, now that I think about it, this IS an SBC - a Six Banger Custom
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

WOW!........Now that's a REAL 'Skybolt Six' !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdancy View Post
                            does anyone have the link on the Hamb where the Hudson engine Stude was posted? Anyone know the owner?
                            I apologize for copying and pasting the pics here, rather than posting a link to the post on the H.A.M.B. 'Didn't realize I couldn't find it again. Maybe someone that is a member of the H.A.M.B. can search there for the post, by using the header, "pictures of Hudson drag racers... lets see them"
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                              Dave, now that I think about it, this IS an SBC - a Six Banger Custom
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X