Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further adventures of "Grease Girl"

"A dark night, in a city that never sleeps."

Kristin Cline, aka "Grease Girl", photoed by her friend Bo Struye, in the style of film noir.

Follow her blog here. http://greasegirl.wordpress.com/

AND...ABOUT TO CREATE HER VERY OWN...STUDILLAC!
    cue the music.
    Last edited by rockne10; 11-23-2014, 11:14 AM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

That's a great shot! And never has the front end of a '55 coupe looked so sleek. Well done
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

That is a really great shot, and an awesome camera angle... he must have been about 12 feet up

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Beautiful, just beautiful!
        Great photography !
        Great car, great job behind the camera. Much better than I could ever hope to achieve.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

& luckily she had the interior light on!

Comment

Great photo! Interesting site. I showed it to my 14 year old daughter to see if it would inspire her.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I like how the original Stude patina has`nt been covered with some flashy shiny paint job . . ( yet ) .

Comment

Hi all, glad you like the shot! A photographer friend, Bo Struye, took the shot - he uses a rig that attaches to your car and hangs the camera on an arm in front - making it possible to capture a long-exposure shot with the car in focus and surroundings moving. Of course, he has to do a little photoshop editing afterwards so the rig isn't in the picture. You can find more of him here: http://www.bostruyephotos.com/blog. Also...be sure to check out the post on my blog about this picture, in the comments one of my frequent readers published a fantastic little short noir-style story starring Stude and I...here's the link: http://greasegirl.wordpress.com/2013...ude-in-motion/

@aarrggh I have no plans of painting Stude any time soon. I assume I should eventually protect her...but I think it's pretty special having the original paint on the car (although some people say "Your car would look really nice if you painted it"...grrr!) I do have plans to make it a "Studillac" or "Caddybaker" to be more proper - I just posted about it today
                Kristin Cline | '55 Champion Coupe | www.GreaseGirl.com
                sigpic

Comment

Hey Grease Girl,
                  I totally dig your car just the way it is. Very Kooool.
                  sals54

Comment

Just thought I would excerpt Gear Head Skeptic's short story here; inspired by Bo's photo of Kristin's '55.

The Gear Head Skeptic February 8, 2013 at 8:43 am
                    Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Fuuuuuuun!
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by GreaseGirl View Post
                        (...grrr!)

You know how to treat a Studebaker right . !

Comment

I wonder if Ann would consider such a noir image for a TW cover?
                          Brad Johnson,
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                            I wonder if Ann would consider such a noir image for a TW cover?
                            Never hurts to ask. In my humble opinion, it could be one of the most modern, iconic cover shots used. It does have a very "car magazine" look to it.

Of course, as it was a pro photog who took it, securing rights is a little trickier than us average joes who send in our shots.
                            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Please do NOT ruin the car with a new paint!!!
                              I had a -62 New Port for some years with ooold paint + some "shiny" spots of newer brushed-on by former owners & that's why I fell in love with that car & then I just had to learn to answer the "you ought to paint it"-people with "you can go get some cash & buy it from me & paint it all over then if you please but I doubt you will pay me enough for me to sell it, & especially sell it to you!"
                              Some years after I sold it I heard some kids had it & it was flat mat black... but then it wasn't mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X