Price Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Range

What is the price range for a 1955 President State in a 4+ (out of 5) condition. Now it has an excellent interior,excellent chrome, Paint is new (white over yellow). Has a 12 volt altrernator, and a 1964 289 cuin engine and 1964 Ford Automatic.Car runs without any problems and it WILL go to Branson this weekend, a 600 mile round trip. Both engine and traney from same car.I have a note on the car window from someone who wants to buy. I would be interested in an antique truck, so I may respond.

It would make a big difference depending on the body type. Hardtop? Coupe? 4 door sedan?

Pictures?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

It would make a big difference depending on the body type. Hardtop? Coupe? 4 door sedan?

Pictures?

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

FOUR DOOR SEDAN PRESIDENT STATE

Comment

FOUR DOOR SEDAN PRESIDENT STATE

Comment

I might add ,odometer reads 45,000 miles. First time around or third,is unknown.

Comment

I might add ,odometer reads 45,000 miles. First time around or third,is unknown.

Comment

Curt,

Some day I want to buy a car from you! It appears that you have given an honest description of the president. Some people I've known would insist (I'm NOT agreeing with them) that a car of that description is a solid number two--I hope I don't have to deal ever again with that type of individual. What prevents this car from being a solid number three as opposed to a 4+?

wagone and the '63 R2 Avanti.

Comment

Curt,

Some day I want to buy a car from you! It appears that you have given an honest description of the president. Some people I've known would insist (I'm NOT agreeing with them) that a car of that description is a solid number two--I hope I don't have to deal ever again with that type of individual. What prevents this car from being a solid number three as opposed to a 4+?

wagone and the '63 R2 Avanti.

Comment

My estimate is this: If the body and paint is perfect or near perfect (and everybody's definition of "perfect" differs ). And if the interior is a complete recent Phantom job installed professionally, and if the chrome and stainless is near perfect (including the grills), if it runs and drives as new, if the engine and undercarriage are detailed to the point that you only drive it 500 miles a year or so and never in inclement weather...I'd say $14k or so. If less than that (and it probably is considering you'll drive it 600 miles to one show...and it has an alternator, wrong engine, etc.), I'd say $9k. If it is a "very nice driver", I'd say $6-8k.

Just my 2 cents. I've been wrong before

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

My estimate is this: If the body and paint is perfect or near perfect (and everybody's definition of "perfect" differs ). And if the interior is a complete recent Phantom job installed professionally, and if the chrome and stainless is near perfect (including the grills), if it runs and drives as new, if the engine and undercarriage are detailed to the point that you only drive it 500 miles a year or so and never in inclement weather...I'd say $14k or so. If less than that (and it probably is considering you'll drive it 600 miles to one show...and it has an alternator, wrong engine, etc.), I'd say $9k. If it is a "very nice driver", I'd say $6-8k.

Just my 2 cents. I've been wrong before

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wagone
                        What prevents this car from being a solid number three as opposed to a 4+?
                        I've assumed he means the opposite of the normal 1-6 scale that the OCPG uses. I think Curt means that it is 4+ on a scale of 5 being the best.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wagone
                          What prevents this car from being a solid number three as opposed to a 4+?
                          I've assumed he means the opposite of the normal 1-6 scale that the OCPG uses. I think Curt means that it is 4+ on a scale of 5 being the best.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

In another mind it would be a three and in a neophite's mind it would be a perfect car od 5/5. I suspect 4+ my be a bit high but not less than a 3+. I suspect 9 bills is the max in a knowledged Studebaker mind.

Comment

In another mind it would be a three and in a neophite's mind it would be a perfect car od 5/5. I suspect 4+ my be a bit high but not less than a 3+. I suspect 9 bills is the max in a knowledged Studebaker mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X