Dinner in Colorado Springs with Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner in Colorado Springs with Friends

When we arrived in Colorado Springs on Sunday, we went by the headquarters motel. We saw Frank and Elizabeth Van Doorn, they hadn't eaten dinner and planned on walking to the restaurant. So, we asked them to go with us. We went to Chili's. Frank doesn't eat anything that flies or swims, but he usually manages to find something to eat. We had a great time with them. Our Grand daughter Madison was with us also.
    On Wednesday night there were several of us that went to Fargo's for pizza. Thanks to Gary Wood and Dan ( don't know his last name) and Dan's daughter, it was a good place to eat. Included were Dan, Gary Wood, Frank and Elizabeth Van Doorn, Wilbur Kaylor, Jeanie and John Martin, Donna and Gary Sanders, Carl and Betty Purdy, Dusty, Madison and myself. We had a lot of fun, even going up and down all the steps. I'm anxious to see Elizabeth's picture with the horns above her head. And trying to find Platte, the street that Fargo's is on, well, there's 2 Platte streets.
    Wanda

Dusty Taylor

Now you did it Wanda! You gave away my closely held secret that I do not like chicken or fish. Some friend you are. <ggg> Seriously we enjoyed eating dinner at Fargo's and Chili's with you guys, especially sitting next to and visiting with your friend Gary Wood, the rocket scientist, who has quite a Studebaker collection. I will try to get the picture of Elizabeth and the horns sent to you this week. Thanks for a great Studebaker folks get together. Will do it again in Branson in September.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
    X