Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisit - Non-R-engined '64 side emblems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisit - Non-R-engined '64 side emblems...

Back in the spring there was a thread BP started about the differences in the side emblems on the non-R engined V8s from 1964. Well, Rob R. bought another that is different from all those posted on the old thread.

Here is an example that BP threw up in the original thread:

Now here is the one Rob bought after the first of the year.

and turning...

and turning...

Here are three he had together he wanted to compare...

Just when you thought you had seen it all... Rob will probably chime in with more information.

Thanks Patrick! The only additional comment to make is that there is another with a bevel along the outside edge instead of the usual squared off edge. I believe the Canadian cars used the emblems that were plain on either side of the "8" instead of the raised lines.
    Rob in PA.

Comment

Any chance another brand picked up and modified that chevron after Studebaker, ala International and the '64 wheel covers?

Comment

I think one important question is how many are there with that Fat 8? It looks like someone just made that one.

As we know all of the repros and possibly even the late Production Original SASCO re-orders after Production stopped, have the Foil Silver tape (simulated brushed Stainless) instead of the original ribbed casting.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Is the '8' glued on or are there pins visible behind? It kind of looks like someone has made it up but why would you bother?

I am familiar with the other styles - original, reproduction, and the ones with the brushed stainless inserts. Someone commented that they are Canadian which is interesting because none of the Canadian cars I have seen have them.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
            Is the '8' glued on or are there pins visible behind? It kind of looks like someone has made it up but why would you bother?

Chris.
            I asked Rob about this and he said it did not look like it had been modified. Do not know where someone would find a number exactly that size and, like you said, they would go to the trouble of making it in the first place.

Maybe it was something someone in the engineering building came up with but never made it to production...

Comment

Working...
            X