Looking for an exhaust pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an exhaust pipe

I'm looking for a right front exhaust pipe for a Lark type with a full flow V-8. The part number I found is 1555729. The guy that did my exhaust did a really crappy job on the front pipe using the old flange and a few inches of old pipe which had been replaced with a universal flange at some time. Now the pipe is rotten at the flange and I hate exhaust leaks. I really just need a pipe for a pattern since the rest of the exhaust is 2.25 inch. I just acquired a bender that I can replicate the pipe with and I'm sure I can make a custom piece, but I would love for it to resemble the stock pipe.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

The right side should be relatively easy to replicate and bend up. It's the left side headpipe that sucks, to be polite, since it loves to play 'kissy face' with the steering relay rod unless just 'right'.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I got a pair of the exhaust head pipes from Parks Pipes. Fit was good & would have been a 10 minute job if the studs on the right side hadn't broken off.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Jamie,
        I have a new right pipe for a GT Hawk are they the same or similar?
        Mark Riesch
        New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
        X