Power antenna question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power antenna question

I got a NOS front fender mount power antenna with my R2 64 GT and I know it was not a 64 option, but what years was it offered ? The P.O owner was a accessory nut, I got NOS hood and trunk lights, 2 windshield washer kits, no spot lights though.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Scotsman
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I got a NOS front fender mount power antenna with my R2 64 GT and I know it was not a 64 option, but what years was it offered ?
    It is listed in the 1958 Accessories Part List, but I believe it was also available in 1957 as well

Craig

Comment

I got a NOS front fender mount power antenna with my R2 64 GT and I know it was not a 64 option, but what years was it offered ?
      It is listed in the 1958 Accessories Part List, but I believe it was also available in 1957 as well

Craig

Comment

Thanks that makes sense, it has a black knob switch like I recall in my Golden Hawk. It also shows why the P.O. paid $250 for the NOS antenna on the restoration list.

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        64 GT R2
        63 Lark 2 door
        58 Scotsman
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks that makes sense, it has a black knob switch like I recall in my Golden Hawk. It also shows why the P.O. paid $250 for the NOS antenna on the restoration list.

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          64 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          58 Scotsman
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Now my question for you is where does the template show its location on the fender? I doubt there'd be enough room for it in the usual Stude location right in the corner of the fender where it also went through the cowl an into the driver's kick panel. I'm guessing it must have to be mounted farther forward.

Craig

Comment

Now my question for you is where does the template show its location on the fender? I doubt there'd be enough room for it in the usual Stude location right in the corner of the fender where it also went through the cowl an into the driver's kick panel. I'm guessing it must have to be mounted farther forward.

Craig

Comment

My '58 Pres. Sedan has that antenna on the build sheet but the Dealer must have switched it for a internal control manual type, cause that's what it has now, and it is all original from 1st. owner.

So, as Craig has shown it was available in '58 and should fit up to '62 Lark and maybe more.

StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My '58 Pres. Sedan has that antenna on the build sheet but the Dealer must have switched it for a internal control manual type, cause that's what it has now, and it is all original from 1st. owner.

So, as Craig has shown it was available in '58 and should fit up to '62 Lark and maybe more.

StudeRich
                  Studebakers Northwest
                  Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    Is there an unexplained hole in the dash where the switch would have been? I wonder if it was an oversight by the factory, where the wrong one got installed. My '66 Commander build sheet states '013 gold cloth recln seat' but it has had a standard bench seat since new, although the 'recln seat' is circled for some reason. Mine was a 'Monday' car going by the date on the build sheet, so some worker could have still been in weekend mode when it was put together.[:0]

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      Is there an unexplained hole in the dash where the switch would have been? I wonder if it was an oversight by the factory, where the wrong one got installed. My '66 Commander build sheet states '013 gold cloth recln seat' but it has had a standard bench seat since new, although the 'recln seat' is circled for some reason. Mine was a 'Monday' car going by the date on the build sheet, so some worker could have still been in weekend mode when it was put together.[:0]

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Is there an unexplained hole in the dash where the switch would have been? I wonder if it was an oversight by the factory, where the wrong one got installed. Craig
                        I'll take a look next time I'm out that way checkin' up on 'Baby' and 'Cleo'. Dad's President is sitting in the garage next to my Packard...

StudeDave [8D]
                        V/P San Diego County SDC
                        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Is there an unexplained hole in the dash where the switch would have been? I wonder if it was an oversight by the factory, where the wrong one got installed. Craig
                          I'll take a look next time I'm out that way checkin' up on 'Baby' and 'Cleo'. Dad's President is sitting in the garage next to my Packard...

StudeDave [8D]
                          V/P San Diego County SDC
                          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I had a power antenna accessory set that was used on earlier Studebakers (I believe immediate pre-war and post-war). It was vacuum powered. I put it on eBay and the winning bidder was a '48 Buick owner as it was exactly what they used.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                            '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                            '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                            Museum R-4 engine
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I had a power antenna accessory set that was used on earlier Studebakers (I believe immediate pre-war and post-war). It was vacuum powered. I put it on eBay and the winning bidder was a '48 Buick owner as it was exactly what they used.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                              '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                              '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                              Museum R-4 engine
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X