Tribute to the 19 fallen Firefighters in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to the 19 fallen Firefighters in Arizona

We just got back from paying tribute to the Granite Mountain Hot Shots as the 19 bodies were being transported back to Prescott from the medical examiner's office in Phoenix. Loaded the wife and dog into the 1966 Daytona and drove to where the procession was going by. Several emergency vehicles followed by 2 of the Granite Mountain Hot Shots trucks and then the 19 white hearses. I never held an American flag higher or was more touched by the outpouring of support for these men, average age 27, that lost their lives last Sunday doing the job they loved. RIP Granite Mountain Hot Shots, Last Alarm, June 30, 2013.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

I am a firefighter, and forest fires scare me the most. (Yes there are forests in NJ) When we are called to protect a structure, we always reverse in and when hose is pulled, there's always axe there. Fast getaways are very important.
    God rest their souls and comfort their familys
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I imagine that must have been very moving to see. Coming from a family very involved with the South Bend Fire Dept. my heart goes out to the families of those firemen. A hot shot crew is one of the most dangerous jobs in the fire service, can't say that I would ever want to be on one, but when stuff like this happens it's just, painful.

Here's a photo of the fallen 19. RIP
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
      X