Headlight Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Bulbs

Went shopping for bulbs for the 2R-15 today and yesterday. What an exercise in frustration. Noone lists the 4030 headlight bulb or a cross reference for it. Found one on E-bay for $50 plus shipping! Really, Is that my only option or is there a better number? Also need a number for the bulbs in the turn signals. These are the hooded fender top mounted units with the arrows. The bulb is a single element bulb that looks like a standard 1156 bulb but I need 6V instead of 12. I can read a number on one that may be or starts with 114. The guy at the FLAPS says no good. I can order the GE 88 bulbs but noone has them in stock. Anyone have any better info I can use? Thanks, Steve
    sigpic

6006, $10-$15, or halogen 6 Volt for a bit more.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

If I remember right, from my 6 volt days, the single contact bulb is number 1129.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Thanks guys! I miss having parts guys in the parts stores. I will order them tomorrow. Thanks, Steve
        sigpic

Comment

I looked in the shop manual for bulb numbers 6 volt and purchased them on e bay by the box. {small lifetime amount} cheap jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I got my headlights from NAPA. They had them in stock.
            Rick
            Kingman, AZ

Comment

Working...
            X