C Springs today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Springs today...

Thanks to a wife sitter, I was able to slip down to the big event today. I was impressed with the venue, the size of crowd and the 100+ Studebakers on display. At first I was shocked to not see Studebaker International in the vendor ball room.... Eventually I did find them filling another ball room by themselves.

Could have spent a mint in the vendor and swap areas. Have to take inventory as to what is important tonight.... Do I spend my allowance on the best rare shiny stuff or opt for bushings and ignition switches?

Several years ago we hosted a family reunion up at Copper Mountain. Since the family is all from the Midwest, our expectations on turnout were low. As it happened nearly everyone came to Colorado because it is Colorado and a reunion broke out as an afterthought. That is the sense I had today as I overheard lots chatter about Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak Cog Railway, Cripple Creek, Rambler Ranch and once in a while the word "Studebaker" came up.

I've enjoyed the meet so far. A good number of Avanti's and Stude trucks in the cars being displayed. I've been surprised with the variety of both that I have seen so far.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Merlin, Thanks for hanging out with me today! The pictures have started!
      Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

I am enjoying the meet . Have met a number of forum members thanks to the forum buttons. Expecting more today and tomorrow.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

This sounds like a good event. First I am hearing about it. Will someone post some photos? I'm dying to see some of the vehicles that were there.

(I should correct this. I knew about the event, of course, this is the first post I have seen). Whew!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Great meet. Just bought a cute little Champ truck. Now trying to get it home. It doesn't fit the airline luggage requirements. The seller has agreed to take it back to Missouri, and I am in negotiations with Peg to get it the remainder of the trip to GA. Ed Burris is the only other person from Georgia that I've seen here.

Comment

Hey guys! Tell Bob Petersen to check the forum. We need a 53 coupe left front fender. We'll pay to ship by Greyhound. Geez I hate to miss a good party.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Sam! You snagged a nice one! One of our chapter members was very interested but saw you go for your test ride. When he saw the truck later the signs were down. He was bummed! His search will go on!
                Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                  Great meet. Just bought a cute little Champ truck. Now trying to get it home. It doesn't fit the airline luggage requirements. The seller has agreed to take it back to Missouri, and I am in negotiations with Peg to get it the remainder of the trip to GA. Ed Burris is the only other person from Georgia that I've seen here.
                  Enquiring minds want to know more about the Champ purchase since you say it's from Missouri. One of my fellow chapter members has (or had) 2 champs and I know he was advertising one of them (black) for sale at Springfield IM. Later he told me he had someone inquire about his blue one as well. Any chance you bought one of these from Keith Smith of Warrensburg?
                  \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                  \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

I was a little worried at first that the turnout would be slim because of fire fears but more and more keep showing up. Today is judging day so we should see maximum cars today. If you opted out for weather fears, you lost out. The weather here is great here. I love Colorado.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                    X