Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do 53 dog dish caps look like on the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do 53 dog dish caps look like on the car?

I saw a thread awhile were roscomacaw posted this pic I was at first thinking custom wheels on my car but it came with a set of stock wheelcovers( number 6 in the pic) and there just geogous. But I want a hotrod look, which they only kind of have. But then I remembered the thread were this was posted and number 4 and 5 together. These are really cool and have that same look the full ones have. But how do they look on the car? I can't find a good pic. I bet that dog dish with beauty rings and some deep set wheels would look amazing on a hot rod. So could someone show me a pic of one on a car? And how rare / expensive are they?

The full wheelcovers have to be the coolest looking wheel cover ever! I would be running them on my 39 but they won't attach to the aluminum wheels because of the shape of the wheel where they need to crimp on. I'm sure the dog dish style will look very cool with the beauty rings too.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Two door sedan.

Comment

Number six is a 1954-1955 wheelcover.
        The hub caps (dog dish covers) may be to your liking and could be bought for less than you could sell your no. 6 wheelcovers for.
        There may be a problem using the trim rings on deep dish wheels.
        I would use the wheelcovers that you have. They look great and are easy to clean and do not weigh much.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The dog dish caps and trim rings REALLY look great!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here's A shot of my 53 withum.

If you can't tell from this, I might find a better one. This is with 8" wheels on back.
            I have a nice used set and A NOS set I will sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
              Here's A shot of my 53 withum.

If you can't tell from this, I might find a better one. This is with 8" wheels on back.
              I have a nice used set and A NOS set I will sell.
              Yep that's what I hoped for. I wonder how they would look with the trim rings though. How much for that nice used set? You can PM me if you want.

Comment

Working...
              X