53 left front fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 left front fender

I am looking for a very good left front fender for a 53 coupe. I have access to a mint back half and need a very good front half to mate to it. If anyone has a full fender that they would part with, please let me know. Even a unmolested front half would be appreciated. I would like to purchase it sooner than later. I am not a body man and do not attempt to do bodywork, so I am not looking for something partially rusted or repairable. Distance is not an issue.
    Thanks, Peter
    02G0200

Peter's car bit some dirt while going faster than the chute could handle. 55s and I tried to dig up a local replacement for him with no luck. Can anybody help get it back together? Calling Bob Petersen and Greyhound?
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Bumped. I have a rust free fender but it's been cropped about 8 inches from the front at the bottom of the fender. Even a fender that rusted out at the rear would help, if we can score the front section. Anybody?

Comment

I bet Bob Petersen is at Colorado Springs. If anybody sees him, please ask him to check in? We need a fender shipped.

Comment

Bump to see if anybody back from Colorad0 Springs can provide a useable fender.

Comment

OH joy. SDC to the rescue. We have a line on one in Detroit. Waiting for Peter to get back to me. Thanks you Stude folks!

Comment

Resolution of issue: Peter was in touch with the SDC member who graciously offered an NOS fender for $1200. That is the going price, and worth it. Peter agreed, but because his fender vents have been filled in, Peter did not want to ruin a rare NOS fender that could still be useful to other SDC members. He'll pay a body man to pull his fender (sort of straight) and fix it enough to run his car at the races (probably at least $1200 worth of work). Respect for the cars and other members. That's why I love SDC.

Comment

Working...
              X