'63 wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 wagon

Anyone else see this? If I only had the space I might consider it, with its cool sliding roof and all. Seems like a reasonable enough price, certainly.

Sorry, I can't trust that car. It's got no battery hold down.
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

He has had that car for sale for somewhere around three years now. Also has or had a Studebaker told truck. His prices are usually pretty high.

That price doesn't seem bad for that wagon now, though. Wonder what condition it's in? It seems like it was kind of rusty and previous ads.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'll be in Freeport in a few weeks, could have a peek at it if interested.
        Bill Foy
        1000 Islands, Ontario
        1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by handworn View Post
          Anyone else see this? If I only had the space I might consider it, with its cool sliding roof and all. Seems like a reasonable enough price, certainly.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...e/1169802.html
          A '63 should have a full flow oil filter down on the block. Engine must have been replaced by an earlier one.
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

All I can see when I look at those photos is rust, rust, rust. Looks like every lower edge is eaten up - both rear fenders, tailgate, most of the lower doors are bubbling and are likely full of cancer working its way out toward the sunlight. Unless you know how to use a hammer and dolly, you'll be putting some cash into that. Not to mention the interior looks pretty done in, too.

Final nail in the coffin: It's a six.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

He also has a real sharp 1957 Packard Country sedan restoration project. It appears to be the yellow and white two tone.

Comment

This guy does have a bunch of Studes.
                There are: a '55 President State H/T, '55 commander Coupe, a '57 Clipper Country Sedan with a early '62 GT engine installed and the old original super charged 289 included and the rusted out Wagonaire, but really many of them look that way.

(2) '62 GT Hawks, a '63 GT Hawk, but the nice ones are way pricey, a '57 GH with the wrong Engine and no S/C for $25,000.00!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X